Our laboratory at Aevitas Sperm Bank has the technology and the expertise to effectively implement cryopreservation of sperm (freeze semen samples). These semen samples can be stored for an unlimited periods. Thawed semen samples have the potential to induce a pregnancy by assisted reproduction after any length of storage period.
The reasons for storage can be:
- The male partner is unable to attend the clinic during the female partner’s assisted reproduction cycle.
- The male partner may not be able to produce a sample on demand.
- Testicular sperm from a biopsy can be frozen, therefore limiting the number of biopsies required to induce a pregnancy.
- Prior to radiotherapy and chemotherapy or the removal of the testicles due to disease.
- Social fertility preservation.